Wednesday, August 13, 2014

New Fall 2014 Shows -- The "A" Shows



It's the most wonderful time of the year!  NEW FALL TV SHOWS!  I am reviewing each and every one of the new shows and will be posting them in chunks.  Today it's the A Shows!

What do you think?  Do any of these look good?  Leave your comment on the facebook page 

*SEE A to Z for an update!!!




A to Z (NBC) – Secret romantic finds a girl…..blah blah blah.  

My thoughts….How I Met Your Mother part deux…voiced over by Katy Sagal – Peg Bundy.  Will either be a hit because this will fill the void HIMYM left…or it will be a giant flop because of the whole “been there-done that” thing.

UPDATE -- I watched the premier today...and I loved it!  Yes, it felt a little like HIMYM, but it did have it's own vibe as well.  The supporting characters are great, too.  I will watch!

Marvel's Agent Carter (ABC) – MIDSEASON -- Peggy Carter from Captain America was a 1942 BAD ASS!  Now we get to see this post WWII as an agent.   

My thoughts…. If they put this midseason show on during the same time slot S.H.I.E.L.D. was on, it should hold the nerd viewership.  I don’t think it will appeal to the non-nerds.  (and by nerds, I mean those that LOVE the Marvel movies and the Marvel TV Shows…like me!)

 

Allegiance (NBC) – MIDSEASON A Russian affairs named discovers that his parents are deactivated Soviet spies. After years of silence from Moscow, the pair are reactivated by the Kremlin to help pull off a massive terrorist plot on U.S. soil -- and they are supposed to recruit their son as a spy.  

My thoughts…. Why do we have to have terrorist plots on U.S. soil? People might not watch it if it’s too “real” ~or~ people MIGHT watch it to see how stuff like this happens.  This show is on the big list, but I don’t see it anywhere on NBC.com or on NBS’s YouTube page.  There was no premier video to watch 

 

American Crime (ABC) – MIDSEASON - a drama from John Ridley, writer of the movie, 12 Years A Slave. The TV project, which also tackles racial issues, is set in California’s Central Valley. It centers on a racially charged murder and the subsequent trial, which are examined through the personal lives of the players involved. The case takes on greater meaning in the community, bringing to the forefront America’s hardened views on race, class and gender politics.   

My thoughts… If you like this kind of show, you will more than likely like this.  It stars Felicity Huffman and Timothy Hutton

 

~~More to come!  Stay tuned!~~



 Thanks for reading!  I appreciate each and every one of you!  Please help DV on TV  grow by "liking" each post you see from DV on TV, sharing posts and retweeting  posts!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment